Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The joys of legal immigration.

How can we prove to the US government that I'm not in my marriage for a green card....hmmm let's count the ways:
1. We got married for Time and All Eternity in the Temple (not just till death do you part). you'd think there's a little more commitment.
2. WE HAVE A CHILD!
3. I'm from Canada!!!  Do you think I would come to a country so darn similar and close just to marry someone for a grren card... come on now, I'd go to Australia for that! Gorgeous!!
4. Do I really need to post any more? lol
It doesn't matter to much about the big things like those. No, they want bank statements, lease agreements, our water bill (and others).... oh and you can't forget that "must be in a committed relationship" joint car insurance.  Oh boy, well I sent it all in today to USCIS.  In about a month I should be getting a letter from them saying we have to go for an interview down in Memphis so we can prove even more that I actually love my husband. I swear, it would just be so much easier to be illigal... lol okay just kidding...sort of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment