Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Smiles

If you're one of my friends on FB, there is one thing you always can see on my status and that's how I love being a mom.  Before I had my daughter, everyone gave me there own piece of advise. Do this, don't do this.  As much as they tried to help, there was always someone else out there contradicting what the other would say.  When you're a first time parent everyone tries to tell you what to do and how to do it.  So of course, me being who I am and getting easily overwhelmed with all this parenting confusion, I figured I'd let things happened and see where it all would take me.
Now here I am, and knowing everything there is to know about being a mom and only after eight and a half months... ya right.  Now that's something that would be nice.  Since that can't happen and wont happen, even for the best of us, I thought I would give it my best try.
On this wonderful journey, that is just the beginning of Motherhood, there are a few things I've learned and I know these are just the tip of this beautiful iceberg.  One, you can't have too many smiles.  Two, say I love you, and three, remember to breath.
The only time my lil'miss doesn't smile is when she's hungry or sleepy.  Everyone we meet comments on how much she smiles and what a happy baby she is.  And it's all true.  One of the best things in the whole world is making your sweet child laugh.  I could be having such a hard day with work and family and all my lil'miss has to do is be herself and get excited when I walk in the front door.  She does this every time I come home and it makes me feel like I'm the best and most loved mommy in the whole wide world.  All I have to do is open that door and she crawls so fast, gets the biggest smile on that sweet face then flaps her arms in crazy excitement.  Can you picture it?  The best thing.
(finishing the rest of my post tomorrow. have a great night and just remember to smile.)

No comments:

Post a Comment